Thursday, March 27, 2014

It's all a matter of heart :)

Just when I was about to prepare something for the supper, I realised that my kitchen was fatuously grinning at me!! As I manoeuvred to open the fridge for vegetables, the empty vegetable tray winked at me so hard I realised I had forgotten to shop for the vegetables that day! I hurriedly put on my floaters and headed straight to the market nearby. It was already fifteen past seven and so the darkness all around was religiously shunned away by lights everywhere. I got down my unit to cross the street to get to the main market place. Road-crossing is something that I have always dreaded. And I hated such moments when I had to cross the road all on my own. This is when I missed my husband the most ;-). Nevertheless I stood there waiting for the traffic to slow down so that I get the chance to move to the other side. Waiting there, on the same side was another girl, may be a little older to me. But I could sense the same traffic-phobia in her as I had within me. She met my eyes and as if we made some quietly understood deal sub-consciously known to both. We both crossed the road safely, to our relief. I kept walking with an alert mind till I reached the vegetable shop. The vendor greeted me with an extra broad smile that could have put him in direct competition with Monalisa, had she been alive. I returned his greetings with a fairly manageable so-so smile of mine...the best i could pull off :-P. I was happy to see the garden-fresh capsicums stout in shape and brilliant in colour. I quickly picked up half-a-kilo of these. Some French beans and a cauliflower also caught my attention and were therefore carefully slipped into my carry-bag. Relaxed now, thinking that my vegetable-tray inside the fridge would be happy to be honoured by these vegetables, I left the market in peace.

On my way back home, these beautiful orange orchids kept in the flower shop caught my attention. Even though my heart was almost ready to leap out of its chambers to jump over those splendid creations of nature, my mind took control of the situation. As I opened my purse to check the amount I was carrying, I realised I had only brought enough to buy the vegetables. Looking at the orchids with a profound yearning I crossed the flower shop to get to the main road where yet another crossing was due. The love-at-first-sight with the flowers went flying as soon as I bucked up to cross the road to return home. On my way, I thought the craving for those orange coloured orchids was similar to the ones that little kids have, when they see their favourite toy hanging in the shops, from a distance. It’s all a matter of heart I thought :-) :-) 
-- T :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment